What's with the Phantom?

The Phantom Foodie is a site dedicated to seeking experiences with food. A good experience includes what the diner sees, hears, feels and enjoys. You are welcome on the journey through Melbourne's eateries. Happy Haunting!

September 7, 2011

The Mission

I'm a 30-something inner-city chick and I'm completely in love with my City.

I'm a transplant to Melbourne's north hailing from a place far enough away that my family and childhood friends can't drop in for a chat. This distance brings independence and solitude. I live a life where my friends are my family.This choice does not come out of necessity (there are no rales of a woeful childhood) it comes out of choice and a need to explore both self and world.

Next to my City and my friends, food is my next great love.
Cooking it. Reading about it. Shopping for it, Eating it.

Combining food and friends is perfection.

Enter the city eatery.
The choice not only sets the menu, it sets the mood, the vibe and the intention of the outing.

In looking for 'the perfect' venue for an evening I found that the information I wanted to know about choosing a space was missing. What's the vibe ...the feeling ...what makes it desirable? ...what kind of an evening will it bring me? ...what kind of an impression will it make?

I carefully select and then rate (inner monolog style) restaurants cafes and bars I visit. I figure, why not share my thoughts. So here we go...